When you need an experienced media professional who knows and understands how journalists work, look no further than the team at Michelle Damico Communications. From securing national headlines (think: The Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur and Forbes) to crafting press releases to reach local and industry trade outlets to writing social posts that inform your followers, Michelle and her team are your in-house public relations partner for all things media.
We’re bold. We’re fearless. We’ll hustle to tell your story.
If you want to make news in the national media, it takes time, persistence and the know-how to work with reporters and provide quotable experts at the right time. We’ll work with you and your team to stay on top of trending stories in your industry. We’ll prep your CEO for interviews and handle all the media coordination. Once you make news, we’ll make sure you take advantage of your great press by extending its reach on social media, so you showcase your leadership directly to followers, customers and stakeholders.
Working with Brands
You know your services, people and products better than anyone. Now let us work with you to tell your story to the right audiences, the right way. As your in-house PR partner, we’re following headlines minute-by-minute, connecting with reporters and looking for the right angle to share your story during the busy news cycle. That way you can focus on growing your business.
Working with Reporters
We are former journalists, so we know a good story when we see one. We’re also friends with reporters because they know we won’t waste their time. The team at Michelle Damico Communications has built a reputation for being efficient, responsive and getting them only what they need. Persistent, but never obnoxious, our team works well with reporters and our great relationships with the press prove it.
With an award-winning career spanning more than 20 years, Michelle Damico has the expertise and passion for storytelling and finding the right news outlet to convey your message. After working as a reporter and newscaster at major Chicago radio stations—WXRT, WBEZ and WGN radio––Michelle brought her love for storytelling as she transitioned into marketing and public relations. Her journalism background is invaluable in bringing your news to life. With years creating punchy, attention-grabbing stories for radio, Michelle knows how to attract consumers with short attention spans.
Michelle’s PR management experience spans the public and private sectors, including leadership roles in government and politics, as well as integrated marketing and PR firms. She’s led teams serving clients in finance, technology, nonprofit, healthcare and retail industries. Michelle managed PR campaigns for IT startups later acquired by corporate giants in homeland security, travel, insurance and financial services. Her news placements in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and industry trade outlets generated sales leads, built momentum and caught the attention of C-Suites executives at Google, Comcast and IBM, to name a few. With her team, Michelle has built a reputation for innovative thinking and continues to stay ahead of the ever-changing communications landscape.
Meet the Team
What our Clients are Saying…
- "Michelle is someone that becomes a professional colleague that you can turn to, and through our work together we have developed a strong friendship as professional women in the marketing, branding and communications field that is even more valuable personally and professionally. I cherish my connection to Michelle and grateful for her partnership and friendship in life."- Sherrie Medina, Director of Marketing and Promotions, Midway Partnership
- "Through stories in the Wall Street Journal, as well as articles placed in Chicago and national news outlets, Michelle has contributed to our firm's success."- Founder, Wealth Management Firm
- "I very much appreciate how plugged in you are and how you only bring us stories that are so right for us."- Midwest Bureau Chief, National Business Network
- "I love Michelle!! She is a content strategist with the heart of a storyteller and a great thought partner. Her expertise is built on generous listening and emotional intelligence, that connects with the work in a way that creates strong and powerful results."- Sherrie Medina, Director of Marketing and Promotions, Midway Partnership
- "Whenever MDC wins news coverage for VHT Studios, our web traffic spikes and we get a sustained boost in orders and partner inquiries. Michelle has a deep understanding of our business, and her vast media network helps us get great headlines—not just in Chicago, but nationwide."- Brian Balduf, CEO & Co-founder, VHT Studios
- "I am thrilled with what Michelle Damico Communications accomplished for One Hope United. She has gotten more news coverage than any of us had hoped for."- Anthony Ruth, Senior VP, Marketing, One Hope United