Food. Flowers. Friends. Those are my passions. I try to capture and communicate my passions through my photos. So on this Valentine’s Eve and Valentine’s Day, I will share many of my passions with you.
Today the Chicago Tribune wrote a wonderful story about farmers using social media in northern and northwestern Illinois and mentioned the workshop I presented to encourage other farms to jump on the social media band wagon. The story is headlined: Farmers plant seeds on social media.
- Twin Garden Farms Web Site, Facebook Page Gary Pack at Twin Gardens Farms has a fantastic web site as well as a YouTube channel. He puts his heart into social media, as well as his delicious Mirai corn, which is sold at Chicago Farmer’s Markets.
- Klein’s Farm and Garden Market — they launched their FB page just after attending my social media workshop. Follow them and spread the word. They are wonderful people.
- Stade’s Farm – if you live in McHenry County, no doubt you’ve visited Stade’s. Sign up for their newsletter too! And don’t miss their apple cider donuts come harvest time!
- Heritage Prairie Farm – Their social web properties will knock you out! Just amazing work. These folks know social media. You’ll find them on Flickr, FB, YouTube, etc. Plus they host these all natural farm dinners throughout the summer and fall. You will be so impressed.
- Woodstock Farmers Market – I love Woodstock’s market for the variety and for the farmers.
- Chicago Farmer’s Markets – one of the best cities for farmer’s markets anywhere!
Those are just a start. I’ll add more as I think of them.
If you have a favorite that’s not on my list, please share with us by leaving a comment with the link.